Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Week 5- and stuff.

I probably shouldn't write anything today, or this week, because it wont be all positive, but since this is for me, I'll do what I want.

The Positive: I am working out every day, and most days twice a day. I am proud of that. I still hate running with a passion, but I am managing to run for extended periods of time without wanting to die. I can actually jog for 30-45 minutes, which is 100% more than before. People have noticed some physical change too, which is a nice motivator. And I am officially done with 1/3 of the program. WooHoo!

But it is not all bright lights and smooth roads, I have hit some speed bumps along the results highway and 'frankly' the motivation highway.

The Negative: No real positive change in weight this week, but that's not what has got me down. One thing I have noticed is that my mental state of mind has as much influence over my workout as anything else. I can be pumped about a work out, and just let one comment deflate all my energy. I need to work on ignoring any and all comments that will negatively affect my workout. So from now on, I'm going to block all comments that I interpret as condescending, belittling, berating, and pissy out of my head- regardless of their origination or intent.

I'll be back at the very end of week 6 for another update. At that point it will be my half-way point.

No comments:

Post a Comment